Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hi Benjamin,
Well, we had our baby shower today. We had a nice turnout--Aunt Liz seems to feel that approximately 50 people were here--and we (well, you more so than me) received a lot of lovely gifts.

I'm glad it's all over though, to be honest. I was combing my hair earlier in the day while getting ready and I pulled a muscle in my back. So it was tough having to play the happy & polite hostess when all I really wanted to do was go lie down and make my back stop hurting. Not to mention that the six women who threw the shower for me (Aunt Liz, my mother, Shaile, Rayna, Willa, & Kristen) all ended up nearly killing each other, which was pretty stressful for me. Not that any of them were rude or ugly to each other today (well, except for maybe one little episode), still. . . It was fun and it was nice seeing everyone, but it's also nice that it's over.

Even though we got a lot of stuff, I still have many things to get. We didn't get a swing, or a playpen, or a car seat thingy for the stroller, or a diaper bag, or nearly enough blankets, or any wipes and diapers (we're going to use cloth, but they recommend not starting those until two weeks after you're born), or a breast pump. . . Anyway, point is, I now have a lot of shopping to do and not too much time to do it in.

Well, your father, it seems, overindulged in the wine today and is now snoring loudly here beside me, so I think it's time for me to go harass him and keep him awake until it's closer to bedtime. (Plus he said he'd rub my back and I intend to make him live up to that promise.)

Much love,
Mommy

No comments: