Saturday, March 24, 2007

Dear Blob,

We had another picture of you taken this past week. http://zeppmusi.vshost.com/Family/Baby/

Now that you're 12 weeks along you're really starting to look much more like a human baby than a blob. Might have to consider renaming the blog again, I guess!

The doc says that you appear to him to be a girl. He's not 100% certain, but all signs are pointing that way. I have to admit that I was sort of hoping you were a boy--mainly so that your sister wouldn't be more traumatized than she already is by all of this--but now that the idea of you being a girl has had a chance to sink in, I'm thrilled. Having had one of both already, I know the pros and cons of raising each sex and, truth be told, little girls are just easier. Plus they're fun to dress. :-)

So, I'm happy that you're going to be a girl--if that is, indeed, what you will be. Because there's still a chance that doc got it wrong, I'm not painting the nursery yet. We go back during the first part of May for one more scan and at that time he'll be able to tell for certain, so I'm holding off until then to buy, paint, or decorate anything.

Right now I think your name will be Lillian Grace.

I was going for Zoe to begin with, but there are just so many Zoe's, and Lillian, to me, is just so much more pretty and feminine.

Doc also says that everything looked really good as far as your overall health and well-being. The scan I had was to try to determine how high the risk is that you might have a birth defect such as Down's syndrome. I'll get the official lab reports back this week, but preliminary findings--that is, what he could see in the scan--indicate that all is well with you. I was glad to hear that because I do worry a little since I am an "older" mom and your father is much, much older than most typical new dads. But I think you're going to be fine.

Until next time,

Much love,

Mommy

No comments: