Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.

Alex and I are back at the hospital. We got here in time for the 8:30 a.m. CTSU visitation. Daddy is doing so well! They were prepping him while we were there for moving him up to the third floor Cardiac step-down unit.

They told us that we could go ahead up to the room, so we did, but then the nurses decided that the room they had initially wanted him to go in was not adequate for the equipment that they still have him on, so they had to get another room ready. In the meantime we're hanging out in the chapel, playing on our computers.

I am absolutely amazed at how quickly your father is rebounding from the surgery. I was so worried that he'd be out of it for several days, but he seems to be progressing right along and, though still obviously in need of lots of healing time, he's experienced very few adverse effects thus far.

Myself, I'm feeling much better in general today than I did yesterday. Sleep helped. (Even though I wasn't able to doze off until around midnight and I found myself waking up again around 4 a.m., but I stayed in bed until 6 and drifted in and out during that time.) You, you sleepy head, did not wake up until 7 a.m.! It was a mad dash to get everything done this a.m. and get out the door in time to get here for the 8:30 visit, but somehow I made it.

It also helps that Daddy is doing so amazingly well. He's certainly not completely out of the woods yet, but he's well on his way and his progress thus far gives me great hope that all is going to be well in the end.

I do wish that they'd hurry up and get him up here. I'm anxious to see him again.

No comments: